As I do whenever I have troubling thinking of a topic to write about, I will write short blurbs about everything!
— I finally picked up some of the Loyal Subjects G.I. Joe figures. I’m sorry these weren’t as successful as their Transformers counterparts, but I can understand why: they were more expensive than Joe figures made by Hasbro, and they were blindboxed, so you didn’t know who you were getting.
— That’s actually the fourth time super deformed type figures didn’t work out for Joe. Along with the Loyal Subjects line, there were Mighty Muggs, Micro-Force, and Combat Heroes. People just don’t buy these guys when they have weird proportions. I wonder how the Kre-o line is faring.
— Always remember to clean the razor blades in your electric shaver regularly! Mine got clogged and lost a lot of its performance. One deep cleaning later, and it’s night and day.
— I really want to finish up the Action Force comics run. Thankfully, G.I. Joe fiction outside the states are largely just reprints of the U.S. Marvel comics. Action Force is the major exception. There’s also a Japanese manga, but that seems nigh impossible to find.
— I tried out Little Caesar’s pretzel crust pizza. Ironically, the crust was the part I liked least. Not enough dough, it was just like biting into the hard outer crust with no filler.
— Looks like I’ll be painting my grandmother’s kitchen sometime next week. Better break out the blue tape!
— I wish the weather would make up its mind. Hot or cold, what’s it gonna be?
— Got another G.I. Joe vehicle to photograph, though this one’s a bit obscure. hey, I gotta keep myself entertained, right?
— I need to work on a Brazilian accent. Time to watch Rio.
– My girlfriend’s aunt is staying with us for about a month. So far we’ve been passing the evenings by watching Top Gear specials.
– My grandmother has me doing a little painting on her house tomorrow. Shouldn’t take too long, so hopefully my clothes won’t have random paint splotches on them when I leave.
– I have gathered candy for my first Halloween at this apartment. I’m told there aren’t a lot of kids that drop by, but I’m crossing fingers we get some visitors.
– Finally have a First Edition Cliffjumper figure that doesn’t break five minutes out of the package!
– My girlfriend really, really likes Pacific Rim.
Yep, it’s that time when I can’t think of anything significant to blog about, but still need to hit my monthly quota!
– Found a bike chain for my girlfriend’s new bike in my parents’ garage. I initially thought it would take quite a while to find the needed key, and started reluctantly digging through the key tray. Turns out if was one a key hook nearby! At least it didn’t take too long to find it.
– I finally got around to throwing out the box for my SDCC Metroplex. It’s understandably huge, but I liked the design of it. I did keep the sides with the artwork, though – it’s pretty sweet!
– We tried hanging up a full-length mirror on the wall using eight command strips. It only lasted about twenty minutes. A trip to the dumpster and some vacuuming later, we’re back to a blank wall. At least we have extra mirrors?
– I no longer have a valid annual pass to Disneyland. This makes me sad.
– I’ve gotten the urge to watch random Batman: The Animated Series episodes again. I’m glad I have them readily available on my shelf.
Once again, I need to blog, but can’t think of a long enough topic. Time to recycle the ol’ Random Thoughts for the Day routine!
– After not having Knott’s chicken in quite some time, I ended up eating there twice this week! Don’t worry, I had different meals each time.
– I’ve been adding YoJoe archive entries on my end, so we haven’t forgotten about them! We’ve just been working on the backend some more.
– Am I the only one who wants to see a sequel for the Incredibles?
– The optometry appointment next week will require some logistical planning, as it sounds like I really won’t want to drive afterwards.
– Why are the special features of Star Trek into Darkness not going to be available all in one place???
I can’t think of a good topic to write about, so it’s back to my Plan B!
– I got one of the Christmas presents I ordered online in the mail today. It’s a bit of a relief because the original estimated arrival time was about a month from now!
– My Android tablet has an HDMI port on it, but when I tried running a streaming video off a website through the HDMI cable to the television, the screen kept blacking out. I’m not sure if this was some sort of DRM protection or if the processor on the tablet couldn’t handle it.
– I really need to get some G.I. Joe vehicle archives done before the end of the year. It won’t be too long before more come out!
– We celebrated dad’s birthday a few days early this year while Mike was still in town. Even though I already gave him his birthday present, it still feels weird not to do anything with him on his actual birthday.
– So now that I have an iPhone, what do I do with my old 3rd generation iPod?
– Saw Expendables 2 last night with the girlfriend. This pic should really be called Manliness: The Movie. Needless to say, I loved it. Bring on the third one!
– Cars Land and Buena Vista Street at California Adventure? Holy crap, this park might actually be worth visiting all day now!
– Transformers: Rescue Bots just wrapped up its first season today. How can a show aimed at young children be so dang fun? Can’t wait for season 2.
– Today’s post has all been about entertainment. Didn’t really intend for that to happen, but oh well!
Just some more random ideas and musings that aren’t enough to fill a blog post.
–I really like the designs of the G.I. Joe Retaliation vehicle drivers. That why it kills me that their articulation is so restricted.
–Men in Black 3 was surprisingly fun! Definitely better than Men in Black 2, which felt like it was meandering along searching for a story at points.
–Similarly, Battleship isn’t an awful movie! Yes, it has a few head-scratchers, but once it gets going, it’s actually pretty fun.
–My desk chair is really old, and sitting in it for long stretches updating YoJoe makes that evident. There’s no padding left, and my coccyx pays the price.
–I made a quick and easy Snake Eyes custom based on his appearance at the beginning of the 2009 movie. I am immensely satisfied with how he looks, but it didn’t take a whole lot of effort on my part. That, in turn, makes me feel guilty for being proud of something so easy to do.
In case you hadn’t guessed yet, I do these things when I really can’t think of anything else to blog.
– Toy Fair this weekend. Being a movie year for G.I. Joe, there will be no shortage of toys.
– Oh god, it’s a movie year for G.I. Joe. There will be no shortage of licensed merchandise.
– I don’t want to repeat what I did in 2009 – take pics of Joe merchandise in the store, and wait 3 years to post them because they’re terrible pics.
– Please let someone else take pics of movie merchandise.
Huh. I guess my thoughts weren’t so random.
Been a while since I last did one of these!
– Knott’s Berry Farm’s chicken restaurant now how boysenberry butter. They know just where to strike at us!
– Our house gets Chick-Fil-A coupons that I forget to use. Good ones, too.
– Disneyland also has some pretty good fried chicken. Oh man, I’m gonna die from a heart attack, aren’t I?
– Mmm…. KFC.